Suvendu Kumar Dash
17525 NE 40th St C-313 Redmond WA 98052
Ph: 425-869-0993 (H) 952-484-7196 (Cell)
Email: suvendud at csdl.tamu.edu
OBJECTIVE: Seeking a challenging position as Software Design Engineer that effectively utilizes my programming and problem solving skills.
· Over 5 years of experience in software design and development.
· Masters Degree in Computer Science with specialization in Human Computer Interaction and Information Retrieval.
· Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
· Able to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Highly motivated. Can work effectively in a team as well as independently.
· Willing to travel and relocate.
Master of Science in Computer Science
Graduation May 2003
Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering
Graduation May 1998
System Design and Development: Digital Libraries, Middleware, Data warehousing and Mining, Real Time Systems
Operating Systems: Windows-98/NT/2000, Unix
Data Bases: Ms-SQL 2000
Tools: Microsoft Developer's Studio 6.0, Jdk1.2, Rational Rose, Rational Clearcase, MQSeries, MQSI 2.0, Intellution Fix, Plantscape, Xilinx Foundation Express, Modelsim, Intraspect
Digital libraries Lab, CS Department
Research Assistant, August 2001 Oct 2003
Designing and implementing the Path Manager to manage data from Internet. The task involves Data retrieval, Data Mining (Text Mining) and finding out context-based metrics for evaluating changes in web pages. The research presents how context-based metrics of change may better match peoples perception of change as compared to the strictly content-based change metrics that were previously being used.
Enterprise Messaging Middleware Group
Middleware Engineer, Feb 2001 July 2001
Designed, developed and tested message flows and MQ objects using message-oriented middleware IBM MQSeries for integrating diverse Applications. The message flows were talking with a Siebel Application sending/receiving XML data and Mainframes sending/receiving EBCDIC data.
Information Systems and Services Division
Software Engineer, July 2000 Dec 2000
Converted data in GM Intranet to XML format such that it can be accessed by the Unified messaging Tools. The purpose of the project was to access the Intranet via a touchtone phone dialing a toll free number. Also, maintained the Knowledge Management System (Intraspect Server).
Process Optimization Group
Assistant Systems Engineer, April 1999 July 2000
Designed different modules like the Application Database and the Scada Handler using UML. Wrote C++ code to implement those and tested them (Unit testing) before integrating those modules to the Final Application, the Advanced Process Control Software (APCSW). APCSW is currently used at lot of cement factories of Larsen & Turbo, India.
Image Processing Group
Assistant Systems Engineer, July 1998 April 1999
Implemented and tested (unit testing) an Application to change one Graphic File Formats from one to the other. The Graphic File formats that the application was able to handle were tiff, jpeg, and bmp.
· Power Aware Scheduler: Designed and implemented a power aware operating system. Changes were made to the kernel of the Linux operating system so that it consumes less power. In our approach, we check the process mix (scheduler queue) periodically and if found empty for I/O bound processes, switch off the device for a period of at least one break even time of the device. Having sleep time equal to at least one breakeven time of the I/O device ensures definite improvement in power usage taking into account a good process mix (more I/O bound processes). (Jan 2002 Aug 2002, 3 person team)
· Tree Viewer: Designed and implemented a Java application that generates a Tree structure view of a web page. The system works as a plug in any of the currently used browsers like IE or Netscape. It aids the user/humans who are searching for a page on the web, to have a hierarchical view of the web pages so that they can view the structure of the web page and decide whether they want to read the whole page or not. (Jan 2002 April 2002, 2 person team)
· Intelligent Mail Retrieving System (IMRS): Developed an agent (a Java application) on top of an existing system Visual Knowledge Builder that would help users to organize and maintain e-mails they receive everyday. The system supports both implicit and explicit rule processing for the organization of the incoming mail. (Aug 2001 Dec 2002, 2 person team)
Eligible for Practical Training (F1 Visa)
Excellence in overall academic performance in School.
Given Early Promotions in Tata Consultancy Services for the Performance in the group.
Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc., July 1998 Present
REFERENCES: Available upon request
Back to HomePage