CPSC 436 - 500: Computer-Human Interaction
Project Progress Reports
This deadline consists of two parts:
- A written report that includes the information described below.
- Give a short presentation in the class
Details regarding both these requirements are given below:
- 4 to 8 pages (10 or 12 point, single spaced) including screen shots of the user interface.
- The project report should be typed on a work processor and
checked for spelling and grammar. No handwritten reports will be
- The report should include:
- A 1-2 page summary of the problem your project is solving, the target audience
for the project (who the users are), and your high-level approach (could be easily cut-and-pasted from report 1).
- Design Specification for your project (this is the section to focus on for this report)
- What metaphors/design principles does the project embody?
- What is the overall design? What are the core features?
- What tools/technologies will you use and why?
- Screen shots of the user interface
- How does the UI satisfy the needs of your users?
- What is the current status of the implementation?
- duration of 5 minutes or less
- Assume that the others know or remember your project. Introduce it in a couple sentences.
- no more than 3 slides (one or two additional slides for UI screen shots)
- presentation should clearly convey your ideas to the class
- The presentation should inform the audience about
- Design decisions
- User interface
- Current Status
- What is left to do