CPSC 436 - 500: Computer-Human Interaction
Institutional Review Board Questionnaires: Due 12/07/2004
- This assignment is to be completed individually. Teamwork is not allowed.
- This assignment will be graded individually.
- You may not copy the forms that your project partners have completed.
- Your grade for this assignment will be independent of your team's grade for the project.
As a part of your project, you have designed an evaluation mechanism
and strategy for your system. To perform the evalution, you need to get
the evaluation protocol and the evaluation mechanism approved
from Texas A&M University's Institutional Review Board
(IRB). The IRB reviews and approves all research protocols that involve
human or animal subjects in order to ensure their protection and to
ensure the welfare of animals.
Download the IRB application packet from http://researchcompliance.tamu.edu/irb_approval.php. The entire packet can be downloaded as a single PDF file (link at the bottom of the page).
- Complete all components of the application packet that are
required for approval of new protocols (except for the training
certificates). These include:
- Part 1: Summary Cover Sheet
- Part 2: Protocol Format
- Sugnature page (without signatures)
- Conflict of Interest form
- Training certificates (not required for the purposes of this assignment)
- Informed Consent form
- Videotape/Audio tape release form
- Scripts for telephone interviews, assent form for minors,
mailout surveys, debriefing forms, compensation conditions, if required
by your protocol.
- Survey assessment instruments (questionnaires: you will need to develop the questionnaires that your users will fill out)
- In a separate document, explain
- what data you will gather (qualitative as well as quantitative)
- how you will analyze this data
- what this analysis will help you determine