CPSC 436 - 500: Computer-Human Interaction
Ambient E-mail Notifier : Due 11/23/2004
Design an ambient interface (remember IN-Visible?)
that will notify you of incoming e-mail. Gross presents a brief
introduction to ambient interfaces and design guidelines in section 4
of his paper, Ambient Interfaces: Design Challenges and Recommendations.
Typically, ambient interfaces lie dormant in a user's physical
environment (such as a room) until they have something to report. They
usually convey information that is desired, but not critical.
Turn in a document that explains:
- your design, with figures, if you wish.
- the metaphor that your notifier will use (if any).
- additional information about the received email the notifier will provide
- the behavior: how will the notifier alert you of incoming email
- the environment: what locations is the notifier designed for? office? home? lab?