These are some of the medicaments I carry when travelling. However, some regions in the world might require specific vaccinations or medicaments.
Please check with your doctor about any special requirements specific for your destination.
Additionally, you can find very informative MedicinePlanet, which provides medic information for any place in the world.
Medical Kit (This section has been prepared with aid from Lonely Planet)
Antihistamine / Alergies - I have allergies, so I must be prepared
- Nasal Dicongestant
- Aspirin or paracetamol
- Antihistamine (such as Benadryl)
- Loperamide (eg Imodium) or Lomotil for diarrhoea
- Prochlorperazine (eg Stemetil) or metaclopramide (eg Maxalon) for nausea and vomiting
- Cold and flu tablets and throat lozenges
- Calamine lotion or aluminium sulphate spray (eg Stingose spray) to ease irritation from bites and stings.
- Antiseptic such as povidone-iodine (eg Betadine) for cuts and grazes.
- Multivitamins - especially for long trips when dietary vitamin intake may be inadequate
- Bandages and Band-aids
- Scissors, tweezers
- thermometer (notice that some airlines might not like mercury thermometers)