The Information Lens: An Intelligent System For Information Sharing and Coordination
T.W. Malone, K.R. Grant, K.Y. Lai, R. Rao, and D.A. Rosenblitt
Oct 18, 1999
- What would be the use of the templates? Most of the effort is on the Sender but the benefited is the Receiver.
- It seems that there could be issues about security and privacy of information.
- Does the Sender should know who is receiving the messages?
- It appears that in reality, all users receive the Anyone messages before filtering them. This could in turn create very heavy network traffic.
- Too much optimism in electronic calendars
- The use of templates with interdependencies (in their actions) implies a too complex scheme requiring the designer of the templates to foresee all possible situations.
- This system would tend to support static and very well establish work practices.
- Anyone: a merge between a private e-mail and a Distribution List/BBS?
- Would this system institutionalize rumors? "I heard from 'Anyone' that..."
- Receivers can filter messages, but senders can't filter receivers.