My interests are
music and movie multimedia,
racing and flying simulations interactive simulation environment,
high tech toys mobile computing and
cars and airplanes vehicles. I also enjoyed mountain biking.
See, that's a pretty good match to my professional interests. :-)
- Movie and music: I am not picky, and have no preference for any particular
type of music and movie. This is for entertaining.
- Music Instruments : I played a bit Synthesizer/Keyboard and Saxophone.
These are old hobbies. I was never a good piano player, but
playing and tweaking the sound, adjusting the synthesizer parameters
are entertaining enough. I have some dated equipments but most are
still working fine. I own a Roland D10, a Korg M1, a
Roland SC55Mk2, a Yamaha PSR510, and a Roland PAD-8. All can
be connected to my PC via MIDI. I also have an Alto
Saxophone (Bundy II).
I played saxophone in the National Tsing Hua University
Wind Band. I was a member of Harmonica club in senior high school.
- Mountain Biking : Biking is a fun exercise, and I got to learn basic
mechnical repairing skills by tuning and upgrading the bikes. I
am doing regular maintenance and tuning myself. I've also upgraded one
of my bikes to disc brakes from its OEM v-brakes.
- Automobile : I love cars. Ever since I was a little child, I learned to
recognize cars and remember their models. Thanks to my father for knowing
my dream and taught me to drive, I learned to drive when I was 15.
(In Taiwan, 18 is the official age for obtaining a drivers license)
My dad even sent me to his friend's driving school so I can
learn it right. While in college, I translated articles from foreign automobile
magazines for Automobile Encyclopedia Magazine in Taiwan.
- Auto Racing Simulation : My favorites are Gran Turismo 4
(PlayStation 2), FIA GT-Racing (PC) and Richard Burns Rally (PC).
I actually don't consider these games, they are driving simulations.
I built a racing cockpit to attach a racing seat and my steering
wheel / pedal set for a more immersive experience.
- Airplane : I love airplanes and try to go to airshows often. My favoriate
is the U.S. Navy Blue Angels. I have seen them performe twice, and I've
visited Blue Angels' homebase at Pensacola, Fl. I also have
seen the Air Force Thunderbirds twice.
- Flight Simulation : Like my love for cars and racing simulation, flight
simulations give me a chance to easily fullfill part of my dream of flying
in a very affordable way. I use MS Flight Simulation 2004, Falcon 4.0,
F/A-18 Operation Iraqi Freedom, and X-Plane, and I have a complete HOTAS
setup with rudder pedals.
- Gadgets: Mobile devices (Palm, PPC, EPOC, etc), Home Theator
Equipments, Cameras (Digital, SLR, P/S), etc. There is always
something to upgrade... if I have the time and money.
- Computers ... : just can't live without it.
- Digital Video : None Linear Video Editing, video compression/encoding. I
created DVDs of my kids so my parents and relatives not close by can see