Operating Systems, Spring 1999
Lecture: MWF 11:30-12:20, HRBB 113
Instructor: Richard Furuta
Office: HRBB 402C
Office Hours: Monday 3-4 and Wednesday 4-5, or by appointment
Teaching assistant: Yves Meylan
Office: HRBB 328B
Office Hours: Tuesday/Thursday 8:30-10:30am
Important announcement: The text for this section
is Silberschatz and Galvin. The other section of the class is using a
different text. The MSC bookstore and Rother's both have this text identified
for our section. Loupot's and the University Bookstore do not. (1/20/99)
- April 2, 1999: I modified the due date for Project 3 in the schedule to
match the one in the TA's handout. The due date is Friday, April 9 (it was
listed as Monday, April 5 in the schedule originally).
- February 26, 1999: The date for Exam 2 will be Friday, April 9.
- January 22, 1999: Please form your two-person project team and mail the
names to the TA (email@example.com).
If you have not notified the TA of your choice by the time the first project is
distributed, he will assign you to a partner.
- January 20, 1999: If you are a graduate student, please consider signing up
for CPSC689-604 instead of CPSC410-500. CPSC689-604 meets MWF 9:10-10.
Course handouts and assignments
- Handout 1: Course Syllabus (1/20/99)
- Homework 1, due Friday, February 5, 1999 (assigned
1/27/99). Solutions for the homework, as prepared by the TA.
- Project 1,
due Wednesday, February 10, 1999 (assigned 1/27/99)
2, due February 26, 1999 (assigned 2/15/99)
2, due March 8, 1999 (assigned 2/15/99). Here are PDF versions of the
of the "Introduction to the OS Simulator"
3, due Monday, March 29, 1999 (assigned 3/12/99).
- Project 3,
due Friday, April 9, 1999 (assigned 3/12/99).
- Project 4, due Tuesday, May 4, 1999
May 4, 1999