CPSC 671-600: Daily Paper Summaries
Due in class on the assigned date for the reading
A brief summary is to be prepared for each of the "papers"
read in the class. The summary is required for all reprinted papers--that
is all papers that have appeared somewhere else (perhaps in a slightly
different form) in addition to appearing in this volume. You do not have
to prepare summaries for chapter and section introductions, but you are
responsible for reading them.
Provide the following information for each summarized paper:
- Author(s) name(s)
- Title of paper
- Where and when did the paper appear originally?
- Three questions that can serve as the basis for class discussion. Some
sample question templates include:
- How does ... relate to ...?
- How are ... and ... similar or different?
- Is ... consistent with ...?
- Does ... support ...?
- What is the meaning of ...?
- How would one use ... to ...?
- How does ... affect ...?
- Does it seem reasonable to claim ...?
- Does ... imply ...?
- A brief sketch (one paragraph) of the issues concerning one of the
questions you raise. Essentially this is an expansion of the question providing
a little context about it.