Assignment 1 evaluation criteria
Assignment 1 has two independent components to prepare, the presentation in
class and the in-class presentation. The in-class presentations will all be
done on the same day. There should be around 14 or 15 groups, so each group's
presentation will have to be limited ot 5 minutes in order to get through them
all in the class period.
Oral presentation evaluation
The oral presentation evaluation criteria are:
- Presentation logistics
- Effective use of time. Presentation focuses on the relevant points rather
than irrelevant points.
- Keeps within allotted time.
- Presentation set-up doesn't require a significant amount of time.
- Presentation content
- Presentation makes it clear what task the interfaces are supposed to
- Presentation makes it clear how the interfaces operate.
- Presentation makes it clear what the differences are.
- Presentation includes analysis of the comparative strengths and weaknesses
of each interface.
Written report presentation
- Report properly identified: name and email address.
- Printed report turned in.
- Electronic version of report included on your Web site.
- Includes required photos, screen dumps, etc.
- Includes the components discussed above: what the task is, how the
interfaces address the task, what the differences are, and what your analysis
is of the comparative strengths and weaknesses.
- Summary is concise.