Texas A&M Campus Tour
Rudder Tower and Theater Complex
James Earl Rudder (class of 1932), served as Texas A&M President from 1965 to 1970, probably made the most important contribution the growth of modern Texas A&M University. Under his administration, the Texas A&M gained University status, doubled its enrollment, expanded its research programs, initiated a $100 million building program and went from a military, all-male institution to a major research university. The complex was named in honor of this great administrator on November 22, 1973.
Rudder Tower provides facilities for multiple uses including continuing education, conferencing and entertainment. The east wing houses the Theater Complex, which contains the Forum (250 seats), the theater (750 seats) and the Auditorium (2500 seats).