Texas A&M Campus Tour
Designed by S. E. Gideon and constructed F. E. Giesecke (Class of 1886) in 1912, the Academic Building is one of the most old and also is one of the most attractive building on the campus. The Liberty Bell replica suspended under the rotunda was donated by private industry to the state of Texas and then presented by Governor Allan Shivers to the university to honor Aggies who made sacrifices in the defense of the nation. The building is now mainly used as classroom building and also houses the Faculty Senate offices and the University Honors Program. All the old wooden windows have been replaced by alum windows in 1994 in a major reinforcement event.
In front of the building is the statue of Lawrence Sulivan Ross who was president of Texas A&M University between 1890 to 1898. The statue was built by Prompeo Coppini in 1919.